16 November, 2009

Customer Service at Home

I am trying to be a better husband. I love my wife so much, and am so thankful to the LORD every day for bringing us together. Recently, I have come to realize that even though she knows that I love her, I am doing her a complete injustice if I am not constantly trying to show her how much she is loved.

My job description where I work is essentially to be an account manager for gas station and auto repair garage owners. It's a blend of customer service, sales, and public relations. I work hard to make sure they are taken care of, that their business is running smoothly, and that they feel well represented to the (often difficult to work with) oil companies. My customers have learned that when I come see them, before I leave I will always ask them the same question: "Is there anything I can do for you?"

What I realized today was kinda sad. My employees have heard that question time and time again, my wife? Rarely ever. Don't get me wrong, my wife and I do a lot for each other. But the fact that I consistently show this kind of service to practical strangers, and not to my wife is pathetic. Well, that changed today.

This conversation actually happened 45 minutes ago:

Me- "Is there anything I can do for you baby?"
Her- "What?"
Me- "Is there anything I can do for you? Anything at all?"
Her- "Why?"
Me- "Because I love you and want to take care of you."
Her- "Uhhh... you can change the channel." (I was watching ESPN)

This may have just been a baby step, but I want her to understand that I'm willing to do what it takes to make her feel as loved as she deserves to be.


Thank you God for blessing me with Bri. She is truly an amazing woman and I hope that I can honor her daily, only as you would.

No comments:

Post a Comment